The Supreme Court decided to stop the CDC national moratorium
If your landlord sends you a notice to quit, you do not have to move out!
Keep copies of all your pre-applications, applications, certifications and other documents when you apply for rental assistance.
Talk to a lawyer
A lawyer can:
- advise you about the law,
- refer you to resources,
- fill out and file court papers, and
- represent you.
A lawyer can help you before a case gets to court as well as if your case goes to court. The earlier you contact a lawyer the better.
If you are already in court – ask the court staff or the judge how you can speak with a lawyer.
If you are a tenant
To be eligible for CELHP:
- Your household income must be under 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- The eviction must be related to COVID.
If you are not eligible for CELHP, another legal aid program may be able to help you.
If you are an owner occupant and you live in a 2 or 3 family home
The Volunteer Lawyers Project can help owner-occupants of 2 or 3-family homes if:
- you are or in the process of filing an eviction case, or
- you are thinking about filing.